Quarterly report pursuant to Section 13 or 15(d)

Subsequent Events

v3.21.2
Subsequent Events
9 Months Ended
Sep. 30, 2021
Subsequent Events  
Subsequent Events

15. Subsequent Events

VaccineCo Agreement and Issuance of Additional Shares

On October 15, 2021, the Company entered into a Shareholder Agreement (“Agreement”) with Shimshon Hen and David Sepiashvili, each an Israeli citizen (collectively, the “Shareholders”) which sets out the framework for the establishment of a new joint venture between the Company and the Shareholders (“VaccineCo”) that will be responsible for the development and commercialization of the BriLifeTM vaccine (the “Vaccine”). The Agreement provides that the Company will hold 60% of the equity interest in VaccineCo with the Shareholders holding the remaining 40%. VaccineCo is expected to have a four-member board of directors (the “Board”), and the Company and the Shareholders will each be entitled to appoint two members to the Board. All financial decisions of the Board will require the consent of 75% of its members. Among others, the Agreement requires the Shareholders to:

take any and all necessary actions to support the negotiation and execution of an exclusive license agreement to the Company and/or VaccineCo for the development and marketing of the Vaccine;
assist in obtaining all permits, licenses and approvals from all local, regional and national governmental departments and other regulatory health authorities, including the European Medicines Agency and the World Health Organization, as applicable, which are necessary for the Company and/or VaccineCo to advance the current clinical trials of the Vaccine in the nation of Georgia and to commence clinical trials of the Vaccine in Ukraine and such other countries as the parties shall agree;
assist the Company and/or VaccineCo in furthering, organizing and/or commencing clinical trials of the Vaccine in each of the above mentioned countries;
market and sell the Vaccine, once approved, in all countries of the Caucasus region, Russia, Peru, and such other countries as the parties shall agree; and
pay 40% of all costs of developing, marketing, and selling the Vaccine.

In consideration for the Shareholders’ commencement of work under the Agreement, the Agreement provides that the Company will grant the Shareholders 4,000,000 shares of the Company’s Common Stock. On October 20, 2021, the Shares were issued by the Company to the Shareholders under the Company’s 2021 Omnibus Incentive Plan.